Announcement / Discussion
- Deb - Organizing fundraiser for the “Medford 6” and future Occupy Medford financial/legal needs. Might be on January 5th at the Talent Community Hall. Would be a potluck with music, discussion and presentations.
- Nick - Looking into community gang awareness event for Occupy to get involved in.
- Rich - State bank movement. Proposal still under consideration by legislature. Petition in Ashland to 1) stop city from using B of A for their operations account and 2) initiate new law for public monies to go into local credit unions.
- Rich - for help with organizing groups check out Organizer Data Base. Free 1.1 down load.
- Ashland GA’s will combine into one meeting - once a week, either Thursday or Sunday.
- Medford’s GA’s will be held at the Medford Library until February and will rotate between the large room and the Carpenter Room.
- Federal government is activating FEMA camps - one in Medford?
- Occupy Medford canvassing to start next week
- Consensus: our overriding issue and focus is “money out of politics”.
- December 12 - West Coast Port Shutdown. Groups from Medford and Ashland attending. Starts at 6:00 am at Kelley Point Park in Portland. See Occupy Portland for details.
- December 13 - Labor Council meets every 2nd Tuesday of each month at the hall in Central Point, near the highway patrol building.
- December 14 - Occupy Medford committee meeting 6:00 pm at Hill House.
- December 15 - Flash Mob at Mall at 6 pm. Arrive at 5:45 across from food court.
- December 16 - New Day meeting at Talent Community Center. 8:00 to 9:30 am. Potluck breakfast.
- December 17 - Occupy Medford at Medford Library from 12:00 am to 3:00 pm.
- December 17 - Occupy Ashland canvas for state bank. 11:00 am at Peace House .
- December 20 - Occupy Ashland at city council meeting 7:00 pm.
- January 16 - Combined Occupy meeting (not confirmed yet)
Reports / Proposals
- Financial Committee - Current balance in NWCU is $132.00 and $70.00 in petty cash. At today’s meeting we received a $10.00 cash donation and a $25.00 check from people new to our meeting. Current total = $227.00
- Passed by GA - any expenditure $50.00 or more needs GA approval.
- Passed by GA - purchase a megaphone not exceeding $60.00.